Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Makin Monday




I did this a couple weeks ago and it was fun so here I am again - tryin to make me some friends!! My answers to the 20 questions - I hope you will still be my friend after you read my answers!!!

1. Do you cook every night?
Not if I don't have to!! I really do not enjoy cooking! But you gotta do what you gotta do - right? and if we are going to change our eating habits - which I posted about yesterday - then I am going to HAVE to cook every night - YUK!!!

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
I used to use the costco brand int hat big huge container but lately i have been buyin whatever is cheapest! We have this great store around here that has super cheap prices on food items and some other odds and ends so I have been buying laundry detergent for 3.49 a bottle for a few weeks!

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
I do it whenever the mood strikes and it is usually when we run out of undies! I usually end up doing it 2 or 3 times a week a few loads at a time.

4. How often do you eat out per week?
NEVER.

5. Where do you usually eat out?
if we do - it would be to hit the drive thru at chick-fila or mcdonalds

6. What is your favorite retail store?
I do soooo love Thrift stores!! But real stores - my favorite is TARGET - and since hubby works there we do get a small discount!!!

7. What is oyur favorite thing to drink?
Dr.Pepper but it has to be fountain soda!

8.Do you take vitamins? What kind?
i was taking mellaluca but it has been a few months since i got them

9. What percentage of the household chores do you do?
80%

10. Do your children do chores?
yes - alex does the 2 bathrooms(not mine), sweeps and mops the stairs and hallway, vacuum downstairs after dinner
the little ones empty the dishwasher, scoop dog poop, clean the van, clean their room, and they each have a dinner chore - get drinks, set the table, wipe the table
Here are some pics of the chore charts and schedules I recently made for the boys.

11. Do you go to church?
ABSOLUTELY

12.Do you have a housework schedule?
HA!HA! I wouldn't keep it but the OCD in me would sure have fun making one!

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Dave Ramsey all the way!!

14. What do you do at night as a family?
we always eat dinner together. we watch movies, play games

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I wish I planned out my school week on sundays. I have tried to do a meal plan but so far I havent done so good with that!! Other than that I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants and take it as it comes - I would not recommend this method!!!

16. What do your mornings look like?
In reality - i roll out of bed whenever the boys come pester me to get up. then we have breakfast, do our morning chores and get started with school. there is no set time for any of the above but I am trying to follow the same routine every day!

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
during the week I set the alarm for 7:00 and usually hit snooze till about 8:00. on the weekends I sleep as long as they will let me but i am usually up by 830 or 9!

18. What time do you go to bed at night?
I would like to be in bed by 11 but so many nights i am up till 1,2 and sometimes 3!! Now that we have started school I am better about getting to bed but alot of times it is 12 before i hit the pillow!

19. How do you manage all the paperwork that comes into your house?
Anything that needs to be attended goes staright ont he calendar whitha s much info as I can fit and then the piece of paper goes into the trash can! if i need the paper it gets attached to the door to the garage with a magnet( it is right next to the calendar) or it goes around the calendar ona string I have hanging there attached with a clothespin. I have a bill/money file taht all that goes into until bill paying time. all phone lists are in 1 binder in a central spot by the calendar.

20. How do you keep your household organized?
I think my answer to 19 would qualify here as well! Pic here of my wall calendar system!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading the answers to quizzes like this! :)

    ReplyDelete