Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Painted...

...again! The Boys went to Canada with their grandparents a couple days ago(we will join them after we pick up Alex in Va Beach on friday) so I had a couple days to myself!! Big Suprise - I painted some things around the house!
I have been wanting to change the color on the stairs so I used some leftover paint and painted the wall in the stairs. When we first moved here I painted the walls very colorful and then when I started painting more of my own stuff and putting it up on the walls and it got to be way too colorful so..I have slowly repainted the walls in lighter colors and it makes the colors in the things I paint and like really POP!! It has been fun to find my style!!

This frame has been hanging on the wall for awhile now with our calendar and other necessities clothespinned to it. Yesterday I got a wild hair and painted the inside of the frame with chalkboard paint so when I need to write down a number or note real quick - it is right there!! I do love chalkboard paint!!


I found this adorable table at a yard sale for $4. It was plain and green when I bought it and now it is burnt orange with lots of fun squares decoupaged to the top with the words 'when God is in your heart - love is in your home ' around the edges! it is fun and random anad the colors are so much brighter in real life!


I have been eyeballing a silverware caddy at Target to use during school time for pencils, markers, crayons and such but since it costs money I got creative and created my own. I had this wooden box from somewhere and I used frosting containers to put everything in. Now - of course I had to decorate the containers with scrapbook paper because just plain white doesn't cut it!!




This was so fun to paint! I painted a flat canvas in fun colors and then wrote this quote from Dr. Seuss that I saw on a blog I like and I have been wanting to put it up somewhere in our school room - okay, kitchen - for awhile! A friend had given me this old frame made out of barn wood and instead of putting it inside the frame I glued the canvas to the top of the frame. it really looks good - i think! I love the contrast of the barn wood and the bright colors!
the more that you read the more things you will know, the more that you learn the more places you will go! i just love it!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I LOVE it! Both your family and homeschooling blogs! I really liked the ideas in this post and hopefully I can implement some for us. I will be following your blog now. Thanks for sharing and allowing others to reap the blessing!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete