Monday, December 15, 2008

Goings On at Our House...

We have been super busy this season...

Another decoration I wanted to share. We have bookshelves in our kitchen that I decorated with frames I have painted and a yearly picture of our family each christmas! We have all walked over to those pics more than once,looked and said....that was me??? Last year is missing(I am working on that) and I will add this year after my parents get here and take a family photo of us!!



School - what is that? asks the Homeschool Mom in this house! We have been doing a lot of Life Learning since I started working with some Math and LA thrown in every once in a while for good measure! After all the chaos of Christmas I won't be working so many hours and our lives can calm down for a week or two until the next thing comes along and hopefully we can get back on track. The boys will be very upset with Mommy when they are doing all this catch up work!!!


Advent....I shared with you the wonderful calendar thing I put together and all my ideas that I put together from a variety of sources and now we are doing NONE of it!! We found this great book called Jotham's Journey that has everything in it!! You read the story - which has Jotham traveling to find his parents - and after each story is scripture and a blurb to read for advent. It is awesome and the boys love it!!! It has all the scriptures in it that relate to the story but it doesn't have some of the fun games and activities I had found so I am still gonna figure out a way to include those into our advent celebration or as part of school! There are also two other books that they are rereleasing that we will snatch up as soon as they come out so we will have 3 books to switch off for each year! I have heard so many people tell me what great books they are and how much their kids have loved them!
Christmas Parade....
Alex's school had a float in our local city parade and the boys couldn't wait to go watch!!! Of course that had a lot to with all the candy they were sure they would get - they did!! Mommy helped a little bit with the float but not as much as she would have liked to because of work!
They were actually in 2 parades - one at night and one during the day. These pics are from the one in the day so you miss out on all the beautiful white lights that were all over the float!! It was awesome and got lots of compliments!!
The Middle School kids walked alongside the float and carried signs that told what programs are offered at the school.
The parade watchers.....



Our Church did a Christmas Play that the younger boys would have Nothing to do with! They went to about 2 or 3 practices and then they were done with that foolishness! Alex did participate as a Stage Hand - he loved that! Can you see him in his hiding spot during the performance.......

There he is..........

He popped out every once in a while to supply props and move stuff around!!

Now it is time to get our Christmas Letter written and get the cards in the mail!!

1 comment:

  1. hey there -

    i meant to ask you last night - where did you get your chalkboard that is hanging in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete