Monday, November 10, 2008

Books,Books & More Books

Ever since I started homeschooling I have become a book junkie!! I have finally been convicted by God that TV is not the best way to entertain my children(even though they do seem to leave me alone a little bit more if they are glued to the TV) - my hubby jumped on board and we have really minimized the TV in our house and added a few bookshelfs!! Now - don't get me wrong - I am still completely and totally addicted to almost every cop show that is out on tv these days with Bones and Criminal Minds being at the top of my list and my husband is a History channel junkie - it just happens after the kids are in bed or on the internet! You have to understand that this is huge for us - we are big tv watchers as well as movie watchers and it is almost harder for us to not be glued to the tv than it is for the boys!
All that to say - I have become a total thrift store book junkie! I am always looking for books - mostly for my kids and homeschooling and I have found some awesome deals on books my kids may not ever use until they are in high school but it was such a good deal I just had to buy it now - no wonder I had to get a job working part time!!! Again - all that to say a friend turned me on to this awesome website called paperbackswap.com You register and have to list 10 books to get started. Each book you swap is worth a credit and with those credits you can order the books you find on the site that you want to get. It is amazing!! It is also very time consuming but I am not afraid to stay up until 3am looking for books!!! I have already listed a bunch of books and have orderd 2 and I have 4 to mail in the next day or so and I just signed up today! The catch is that you cna print the postage at home also through paypal or through the paperback swap site!Now I can go book crazy and I don't even have to leave my house! I will though because it is all about the thrill of the hunt!!!

1 comment:

  1. All you need is $25 in books at Amazon and you get free shipping! Hey, let me know if you are looking for something, I've got nine years of shelves here, (and my hubby can build them!)
    You are now officially a home educator, because you line your house with books! Now, where can I stick that next bookshelf?

    ReplyDelete